way 有「道路、路途」意思。因此 "all the way" 依上下文可以解讀成「(地理上)從A到B一整路」或是「(時間上)從A到B的整個過程」。常用來強調「路途遙遠」或「時間漫長」。


情境影片:

"I can see all the way to the ocean."

放眼望去我看得到海洋。」 


 

"Caillou followed the sound of the bell all the way to Rosie's room."

 

「卡由跟隨鈴噹的聲音一路跟到蘿西的房間。」

"The bell!"

 

「鈴噹!」


 

(laughing)

 

(大笑)

"What's so funny?"

 

「什麼事這麼好笑?」

"We can hear you're laughing all the way in the house."

 

「我們大老遠從屋內就聽見你們的笑聲了。」


 

"Caillou. It's a postcard for you all the way from China. It's from Sara."

 

「卡由,這張遠從中國寄來的明信片是給你的,是莎拉寄的。」


 

"Let's make a spaceship. One that can travel anywhere in the solar system."

 

「我們來製造太空船,一艘可以在太陽系來去自如的太空船。」

"One that can fly all the way to Mars."

 

「而且可以一路飛到火星。」

"Or even Pluto."

 

「或甚至到冥王星。」


 

"Mama! Look! Look what came in the mail!"

 

「媽媽!妳看!看看郵件裡有什麼?」

"It is from you grandmother, all the way from Japan. You can open it, Yoko. It is addressed to you."

 

「這是妳外婆遠從日本寄來的。妳可以打開它,Yoko。這是寄給妳的。」

"Okay."

 

「好的。」


 

"Henry, what will we do?"

 

「亨利,怎麼辦?」

"Don't worry, dear. Mr. Wilson will take good care of him." 

 

「別擔心,親愛的,威爾森先生會好好照顧他的。」

"Well, Mr. Wilson. Looks like we get to ride all the way home together."

 

「威爾森先生,看來我們可以一路作伴搭車回家了。」

"Yes, ALL the way home."

 

「是啊,整路到家。」


 


arrow
arrow
    創作者介紹
    創作者 Elsie 的頭像
    Elsie

    英語自習室

    Elsie 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()