A: Did you get that job you applied for last week?

  你得到你上星期申請的那份工作了嗎?

B: No, I didn't end up getting it.

  沒有,我最後沒被錄取。


If you don't warm up before lifting weights, you could end up hurting yourself.

如果你在舉重之前不先熱身,到時候你可能會使自己受傷。


似:turn out / wind up


情境影片:

"Why do I always end up cleaning everyone else's mess?"

 

「為什麼每次到頭來都是我幫其他人收拾善後?」

 

"Too much mischief can end up in a terrible accident."

 

「惡作劇過了頭,最後可能會可怕的意外事故收場。」

"You're right. And we're sorry."

 

「您說得沒錯。我們很抱歉。」


 

"You've never heard of a sleepover party before?"

 

「你以前從沒聽過過夜派對?」

"No! So we can have one tonight?"

 

「沒!所以今晚我們可以來一場?」

"Whatever. As long as we eventually end up sleeping."

 

「隨便,只要最後是睡覺收場。」


 

"Would you guys like to try some of our gelatin?"

 

「你們想試吃看看我們做的果凍嗎?」

"Okay!"

 

「好啊!」

"No, wait! They'll just end up doing something weird and ruin the party!"

 

「不,等一下!他們到頭來就只會做些奇怪的事,然後毀了派對!」

"How is sharing gelatin with them gonna ruin the party?"

 

「為什麼請他們吃果凍會毀了派對?」


 

"I want you to help me pick out a birthday present for Jane."

 

「我想請妳幫忙我挑選送給Jane的禮物。」

"Oh."

 

「喔。」

"Every year I end up getting her art supplies. Can you help me out?"

 

「每年我到頭來都是送她美術用品。妳可以幫我創新一下嗎?」

"Anything for Jane."

 

「為了Jane,我都願意 。」

"Thanks, Daria. I'll pick you up tomorrow morning."

 

「謝了,Daria。我明天早上來接妳。」


 

"You don't think we'll end up having the same fight over and over again, for the rest of our lives, the way Mom and Aunt Rita do, do you?"

 

「妳不認為我們到頭來會像媽和Rita阿姨一樣,一輩子總是在為同樣的事情爭吵個沒完,對吧?」

"No. We'll use weapons."

 

「不,我們會使用武器。」

"Don't say that!"

 

「別那樣說!」


 

 

 


arrow
arrow
    創作者介紹
    創作者 Elsie 的頭像
    Elsie

    英語自習室

    Elsie 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()