plug → 插頭

plug in 或 plug sth in 是「插上插頭、接通電源」的意思。


Is the coffee maker plugged in?

咖啡機插電了嗎?


A: The toaster isn't working.

  烤土司機不會動耶。

B: Did you plug it in?

  你插插頭了嗎?


情境影片:

"It just wasn't plugged in. There's an outlet over there. --It's working! It's working!"

 

「只是沒接上電源…那裡有個插座。--成功了!成功了!」


 

"Where are the outlets? I have to plug in my straightening iron."

 

「哪裡有插座?我的離子夾需要插電。」

"There are some in the communal bathrooms. Just across the way."

 

「公共浴室裡有一些插座,就在對面。」


 

"Oh! I forgot. --Hey, hon, y'know what today is? The National Day of Unplugging!"

 

「噢!我都忘了。--嘿,親愛的,你知道今天是什麼日子嗎?全國離線日!」

"The National Day of what?"

 

「全國什麼日?」

"The National Day of... of Unplugging. --Did we just blow a fuse?"

 

「全國離…離線日。--剛是保險絲燒壞了嗎?」

"Looks like it. A few too many things plugged in, I guess."

 

「看起來是這樣沒錯,插電的東西太多了,我猜。」


 


arrow
arrow
    創作者介紹
    創作者 Elsie 的頭像
    Elsie

    英語自習室

    Elsie 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()