Do you see what I mean? 意思是「你明白我的意思嗎?」

在生活口語中,常簡略成 See what I mean? 或 You see what I mean? 表示「明白我的意思吧?懂我說的吧?( = Do you understand now what I am saying? )

這裡的 "see" 表示「明白、了解」,也可以真的指「用眼睛看見」。

相關表達:I see what you mean.


情境影片:

"See what I mean?"


 

"See what I mean?"


 

"Does everybody see what I mean?"

「各位明白我的意思嗎?」


 

"Whoa! it's really deep! --See what I mean?"

「哇嗚!還真深啊!--懂我意思吧?


 

"I don't think Henry's ready to perform in front of an audience. He gets distracted way too easily. --Whoa! See what I mean?"

 

「我想 Henry 還沒準備好在觀眾面前表演,他太容易分心了。 --哇嗚!明白我意思吧?


 

"That's great, Dot! And it really is such a sweet present."

 

「太好了,Dot!那真的是很棒的禮物。」

"Yeah, except Grandpapa's expecting to hear this... But when I play, it sounds like this... See what I mean?"

 

「對啊,除了爺爺期待聽到這個… 但我拉出來的聲音卻像是這樣… 懂我意思吧?


 

"Alexander, where are you? Oh, Pom, what are we gonna do? Alexander may be a goof-up, but he's the only goof-up we've got."

 

「Alexander,你在哪?噢,Pom,我們該怎麼辦才好?Alexander也許是個闖禍王,但我們也就這只有這個闖禍王了。」

"Don't worry, Flora. I'm sure he's around here some place. See what I mean?"

 

「別擔心,Flora。我確定他就在這裡的某個地方,明白我的意思吧?

"What is it?"

 

「是什麼?」

"Alexander?" 

 

「Alexander?」


 

"I'll tell you who my hero is." "Who?"

 

「我告訴你們我的英雄是誰。」「誰?」

"Mrs. Muskrat." "Mrs. Muskrat?"

 

「Muskrat太太。」「Muskrat太太?」

"She used to play hockey?"

 

「她以前打曲棍球?」

"No, but she used to come out and watch us play when we were younger. She never missed a game."

 

「不是的,但當我們還小的時候,她常出來看我們打。她從未錯過任何一場比賽。」

"Gee, she still does that...only now she watches us play."

 

「天啊,她仍然這麼做… 只是現在她看我們打。」

"And she brings us hot chocolate with marshmallows."

 

「而且她會帶熱可可加棉花糖給我們。」

"See what I mean? That's what makes her so great. She's always doing something for kids."

 

明白我的意思吧?那就是為什麼她如此偉大,她總是為孩子們效勞。」

"I guess we never realized how great she really is."

 

「我猜我們從未意識到她其實有多偉大。」


 


arrow
arrow
    創作者介紹
    創作者 Elsie 的頭像
    Elsie

    英語自習室

    Elsie 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()