單獨一個字 "Wait!" 可以表示要對方「等等!」。

等待某人或某物,後面一定要加介係詞 with。

例如:wait for you (等你) / wait for the bus (等公車)

相關表達:Wait for me.I can't wait! / What are we waiting for?


情境影片:

"Come on! We are waiting for you."

「快來,我們在你。」


 

"Now what do we do?"

 

「現在我們要做什麼?」

"Wait for the glue to dry." 

 

膠水乾。」


 

"Caillou was waiting for his babysitter, Julie, to come and look after him. He loved it when Julie came over."

 

「卡由在他的保姆茱莉來照顧他,他喜歡茱莉過來。」

"Still no sign of Julie, Caillou? She's never been this late before."

 

「還是沒有茱莉的蹤影嗎,卡由?她不曾像今天這麼晚。」


 

"Well, are you kids gonna order something or are you still waiting for someone?"

 

「那個,小朋友你們要先點餐還是繼續人呢?」

"We're still waiting, ma'am."

 

「我們要繼續等,小姐。」


 

"It says here that jellyfish are animals that simply flow in the water, waiting for their food to come to them."

 

「這裡有說水母是動物,單純地在水中漂流,等待牠們的食物上門。」


 

"I can't wait for everyone to get here so we can start the party."

 

「我不及大家的到來,然後我們就可以開始派對了。」

"Me too."

 

「我也是。」


 

"Soup should be ready. At least, I think it's ready."

 

「湯應該好了,至少我覺得它好了。」

"Shouldn't we wait for Mother Bear?"

 

「我們不該熊媽媽嗎?」

"No. I guess Mother Bear will just have to miss it."

 

「不,我想熊媽媽只能錯過它了。」


 

"Well, I'm hungry."

 

「我好餓。」

"Yeah, me too. --I don't think I can wait for Mom. I'm going to make my own snack. Do you want to help me?"

 

「對啊,我也是。 --我想我沒辦法媽了,我要自己做點心,你要幫忙我嗎?」

"Okay."

 

「好啊。」


 

"Hi, Mrs. Beaver."

 

「您好,海狸太太。」

"Hello, Franklin. Beaver isn't here. She's running an errand for me."

 

「你好,富蘭克林。海狸不在家,她幫我跑腿辦點事。」

"Oh."

 

「喔。」

"She shouldn't be long."

 

「她應該不會去太久。」

"Do you want to wait for her?"

 

「你想要她嗎?」

"Sure. I'll wait."

 

「當然,我等。」


 


arrow
arrow
    創作者介紹
    創作者 Elsie 的頭像
    Elsie

    英語自習室

    Elsie 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()