look for sb. / sth. 可以表示尋找某人、尋找某物品,或尋找工作等等。

比較:find 雖然也有「找」的意思,但指的是「找到」。


What are you looking for?

你在找什麼?


I'm looking for my cell phone.

我在找我的手機。


I can't find my cell phone.

我找不到我的手機。


I found my cell phone under the desk.

我在書桌底下找到我的手機。


情境影片:

"You stay here and we'll look for her parents."

「你留在這裡,我們去她的父母。」


 

"What are you looking for?" "Nails."

「你在找什麼?」「釘子。」


 

"Timothy, what are you doing?"

 

「Timothy,你在做什麼?」

"I'm looking for something to wear on my first day of school."

 

「我在上學第一天要穿的衣服。」


 

"Oh, no. I can't find it. Where is it? Where is it? Where is it?"

 

「喔不,我不到。在哪裡?在哪裡?在哪裡?」


 

"What is it, Lily? What did you find?"

 

「怎麼了Lily?妳找到什麼?」

"New bandages."

 

「新的繃帶。」


 

"I can't find Gilbert. He's hiding again."

 

「我不到Gilbert,他又躲起來了。」

"We'll look for him later. It's time to get ready for playschool."

 

「我們待會兒再他,是時候準備準備去幼兒園了。」


 

"My Daddy's screwdriver?"

 

「我爸比的螺絲起子?」

"I found money!"

 

「我找到錢!」

"What are you two doing?"

 

「你們兩個在做什麼?」

"We're looking for my airplane."

 

「我們在我的飛機。」

"Looks like you've found everything but an airplane."

 

「看起來你們找到了所有的東西,就除了飛機。」


 

"Oh-oh. Those men are looking for us."

 

「噢喔,那些人在我們。」

"They're looking for me too. Quick! Follow me!"

 

「他們也在我。快!跟我來!」


 

"What are you looking for?"

 

「你在什麼?」

"I can't find them anywhere."

 

「我到處都不到。」

"What?"

 

「什麼?」

"I can't find my glasses."

 

「我不到我的眼鏡。」

"Ha-ha! You can't find your glasses?"

 

「呵呵!你不到你的眼鏡?」

"I can't find them anywhere. --Oh. Thanks."  

 

「我到處都不到。 --喔,謝了。」


 


arrow
arrow
    創作者介紹
    創作者 Elsie 的頭像
    Elsie

    英語自習室

    Elsie 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()