forward 有「向前」的意思,想像因為「期待」,所以目光向前看去。

look forward to something 表示「很期待某事的到來」。

look forward to doing something 則表示「很期待做某事」。

※ 特別注意,這裡的 'to' 是介系詞,後面只能接 '名詞' 或 '動名詞'。


例如:

look forward to the weekend.

我很期待周末的到來。


I look forward to receiving your response soon.

我期待很快能收到您的回覆。


情境影片:

"Well, I must be off. I look forward to hearing from you next week."

 

「那麼,我得走了。我很期待下星期能聽到你的消息。」


 

"You know, I so look forward to our quilting club meetings."

 

「妳知道嗎,我超期待我們的縫被子俱樂部的聚會。」


 

"I'm looking forward to seeing you there, Papa Bear.

 

「我很期待在那裡見到你,熊爸爸。」

Goodbye, Squire. Thanks for dropping by."

 

「再見,Squire,多謝登門造訪。」


 

"Are you looking forward to Halloween?"

 

「你期待萬聖節的到來嗎?」

"You can say that two times, Jacob."

 

「那是當然的,Jacob。」


 

"I'm really looking forward to spending the evening with you."

 

「我真的很期待與妳一起度過這個夜晚。」

"Me too. Now stay here. I'll be right back."

 

「我也是,請待在這裡,我馬上回來。」


 

"Whenever someone helps me out, it really makes my day."

 

「每當有人幫忙我解決困難,真的讓我感到非常開心。」

"Thanks, Mr. Sherman. We look forward to seeing that smile." 

 

「謝謝,Sherman先生。我們期待看到那樣的笑容。」


 

"That's a fine-looking piece of artwork, Sister."

 

「那是件漂亮的美術品,熊妹妹。」

"I'm sure looking forward to Thanksgiving."

 

「我真的很期待感恩節的到來。」

"And I'm looking forward to the Thanksgiving pumpkin contest."

 

「而我很期待感恩節南瓜比賽的到來。」


 

"Uh-oh, looks like we're out of eggs and I can't make pancakes without an egg."

 

「噢喔,看樣子我們的蛋用完了,沒有蛋我就沒辦法做煎餅了。」

"This was very unlucky. Caillou had really been looking forward to those pancakes."

 

「真是不湊巧,卡由一直很期待可以吃到那些煎餅。」

"No pancakes?"

 

「沒有煎餅嗎?」


 

"Good morning, Mrs. C."

 

「早安,C太太。」

"Hey, Hal. Are you ready to collect some eggs?"

 

「嘿,Hal,準備好收集彩蛋了嗎?」

"You know it!"

 

「妳知道的!」

"Okay, let's go. I bet there's a thousand eggs waiting for us."

 

「好了,我們走吧,我打賭肯定有一千顆蛋在等著我們。」

"I am looking forward to those eggs."

 

「我很期待那些蛋。」

"Have fun, you two!"

 

「玩得開心啊,你們兩個!」


 


arrow
arrow

    Elsie 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()