hold → 維持、撐著

still → 靜止狀態

這句短語特別是用在當你要求對方「維持某個姿勢或狀態靜止別動」,就可以對他說 "Hold still."。


情境影片:

"Hold still, Caillou."


 

"Hold still, I think I just found a word!"

別動,我想我找到一個字了!」


 

"Oops! Hold still, Caillou, I don't want you cutting your feet."

 

「啊!別動,卡由,我不希望你割到腳。」


 

"Aah, spiders!"

 

「啊,蜘蛛!」

"Where?"

 

「哪裡?」

"Aah, they're on me!"

 

「啊,牠們在我身上!」

"Hold still, Bear."

 

別動,大熊。」


 

"Are you sure this is the kind that washes off?"

 

「你確定這是可以洗得掉的嗎?」

"I'm sure, Rabbit. Now hold still. I have to do the eyes."

 

「我確定,兔子。先別動,我要畫眼睛了。」

"Make them good and scary!"

 

「把它們畫得好看又恐怖!」


 

"Hold still, Little Bear."

 

別動,小熊。」

"Am I bigger than I was last time, Mother Bear?"

 

「我有比上次量的時候高嗎,熊媽媽?」

"I haven't even made a mark yet."

 

「我都還沒做記號呢。」

"Oh, okay."

 

「喔,好吧。」

"Now, hold still."

 

「先別動。」


 

"Ow, ow, ow, ow... oh, a thorn. Whoa... ow! Another thorn."

 

「噢,噢,噢,噢…喔,是刺,哇喔!又一個刺。」

"Can you see it, Mother?" 

 

「妳有看到嗎,媽媽?」

"Hold still."

 

別動。

"Will this hurt?"

 

「會痛嗎?」

"Well, maybe just a little."

 

「呃,也許會有一點。」

"Ouch!"

 

「哎唷!」

"I didn't do anything yet, Little Bear."

 

「我什麼事都還沒做呢,小熊。」

"You didn't?"

 

「沒有嗎?」

"Ah, got it!"

 

「啊,有了!」


 

"Please, try to hold still, Babar."

 

「請儘量別動,Babar。」

"But I'm so excited! It's my first day of school." 

 

「但是我好興奮啊!今天是我上學的第一天。」


 

"Mom, Phineas and Ferb are building a huge glass and sand thing in the yard, it looks like a giant ant farm, but I don't know what it does!"

 

「媽,飛哥和小佛正在院子裡建一個巨大的玻璃和沙子的東西,看起來像是巨型螞蟻養殖場,但我不曉得那是什麼。」

"Candace, please--"

 

「凱蒂絲,請…」

"Hold still, Linda!"

 

別動,琳達!」

"Look, Candace, this is just gonna have to wait until I can take a break."

 

「聽好了,凱蒂絲,這件事必須等我可以休息的時候再說。」


 


arrow
arrow
    創作者介紹
    創作者 Elsie 的頭像
    Elsie

    英語自習室

    Elsie 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()