go to bed 指的是「進入被窩裡睡覺」,也可以說 go to sleep

sleep 可以當動詞或名詞,指的是「睡覺的狀態(the state of being asleep)

go to bed 或 go to sleep 是「動態」的;而 sleep 是「靜態」的。


例如:

I usually go to bed/sleep at 12 a.m. and get up at 5 a.m.

我通常晚上十二點上床睡覺,凌晨五點起床。


I usually sleep just 5 hours per night. I need to get more sleep.

我通常一個晚上只睡五小時,我需要更多的睡眠。


情境影片:

"Um, I'm gonna go to bed."

 

「呃,我要了。」

"Good night.

 

「晚安。」

"Good night, kiddo."

 

「晚安,孩子。」


 

"Okay, Bart. Now it's really time for you to go to bed."

 

「好了,霸子,現在你真的該上床睡覺了。 」


 

"Time to come in, Little Bear. It's almost bed time."

 

「該進屋了,小熊,差不多到了睡覺時間了。」

"I can't go to bed yet, Mother Bear. I have to wait for the moon."

 

「我還不能睡覺,熊媽媽,我必須等月亮出來。」


 

"Come on, Caillou. It's time for bed."

 

「快點,卡由,該睡覺了。」

"I don't want to go to bed."

 

「我不想睡覺。」


 

"You're a tired little girl, Rosie. You have to go to bed."

 

「妳累了,小朋友蘿西,妳得上床睡覺了。」


 

"Thank you for such a wonderful time."

 

「謝謝妳讓我們度過了如此愉快的一天。」

"Yes, it's been an exciting day. But I think it's time to go to bed."

 

「對啊,很刺激的一天,但我覺得該是上床睡覺的時候了。」

"Is there a place we can sleep, Dora?"

 

「有地方可以讓我們睡覺嗎,Dora?」

"Sure! My house!"

 

「當然!我家!」


 

"How did it get this big? When I went to bed last night, it wasn't even there!"

 

「怎麼會變得這麼大?我昨晚睡覺的時候,它甚至還沒出現呢!」

"It's not that bad."

 

「沒那麼糟啦。」


 


arrow
arrow
    創作者介紹
    創作者 Elsie 的頭像
    Elsie

    英語自習室

    Elsie 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()