"No longer" is used to express the idea of something happening and then not happening and not continuing into the future.
簡單來說,no longer 的意思等同於 not anymore。
例如:
I no longer believe you.
= I don't believe you anymore.
我不再相信你了。
I'm no longer a child.
= I'm not a child anymore.
我不是小孩子了。
情境影片:
"You are no longer welcome."
「這裡不再歡迎你。」
"I'm no longer a cat. I am the king of beasts."
「我不再是貓了,我是萬獸之王。」
"Jeremy, I no longer have the desire to bust my brothers. We can take our time." |
「傑洛米,我不再想抓我弟他們的小辮子了,我們可以好好享受在一起的時光。」 |
"Oh, sorry." |
「噢,抱歉。」 |
|
"It's okay. I'm no longer afraid of puppets." |
「沒事的,我不再害怕木偶了。」 |
"That's it! We are no longer friends! I hate you! We are done! If you ever try to speak to me again, I will literally strangle you!" |
「夠了!我們不再是朋友了!我恨你!我們結束了!你要是敢再跟我說話試試,我絕對會掐死你!」 |
"Principal Lee, why are dogs not allowed?" |
「李校長,為什麼狗狗被禁止入內了 ?」 |
|
"Since the incident this morning, Dot, dogs are no longer allowed to accompany students to school." |
「Dot,由於今天早上發生的那個事件,我們不能再允許讓狗陪同學生上學了。」 |
|
"Even if they're outside the fence?" |
「即使牠們在圍欄外面嗎?」 |
|
"Yes. They can still get loose. Just like what happened today." |
「是的,牠們仍然有可能會被鬆綁,就像今天發生的那樣。」 |