middle → 中間;中央

in the middle of sth → 在~的中間 (不一定是正中間)

例如:

in the middle of the night 半夜

in the middle of the month 月中

in the middle of the year 年中

in the middle of the road 馬路中央

in the middle of the game 比賽中場

in the middle of the United States 美國中部


情境影片:

"Easy, Tara. It's me, Master Chem."

 

「放輕鬆,Tara,是我,Chem大師。」

"What are you doing showing up in the middle of the night?"

 

「你大半夜地現身有何貴幹?」


 

"Why was your phone off?"

 

「為什麼你手機關機?」

"Well, my doctor says I'd sleep more if I didn't take your calls in the middle of the night."

 

「那個,我的醫生說如果我半夜不接你電話我才能多睡一點。」

"This is not okay. You never turn your phone off ever again. Promise me!"

 

「這樣不行,你千萬不能再把你的手機關機了,答應我!」


 

"What are you doing here?"

 

「你在這裡幹嘛?」

"I found out where they're keeping my car. I wanted to let you know."

 

「我發現他們把我車子藏起來的地方了,我想要讓你知道。」

"And you thought the best way to do that was to prowl around my house in the middle of the night and tap on my windows?"

 

「而你認為最好的方法就是在大半夜鬼鬼崇崇地在我家附近出沒,然後敲我的窗戶?」

"Your phone was off."

 

「你手機關機。」


 


arrow
arrow
    創作者介紹
    創作者 Elsie 的頭像
    Elsie

    英語自習室

    Elsie 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()