Much better.jpg

better (adj.) 比較好的

better 是 good 的比較級:good-better-best

"much better" 表示「好多了

"so much better" 就表示「好太多了


情境影片:

"One, two, ready and...  Much better! Nice job, guys!"

 

「一、二,預備,來... 好多了!表現的很好,各位!」


 

"We certainly don't need this grimy thing. That's much better."

 

「我們並不需要這個汙穢的東西。這樣好多了。」


 

"You're still dirty, Max. Remember to wash behind your ears. ---That's much better! You're all clean."

 

「麥斯,你還是很髒。記得洗你的耳背。---這樣好多了!你現在完全乾淨了。」


 

"Okay, look. See this packing tape?"

 

「好吧,聽著,有看到這個封箱膠帶嗎?」

"Yeah."

 

「有。」

"Much better!"

 

好多了!


 

"How's it going, Dot?"

 

「一切還好嗎,Dot?」

"Much better."

 

好多了。

"Glad to hear it."

 

「很高興聽妳這麼說。」


 

"Mmm, just as I thought, a slight fever. Not much, but enough for me."

 

「嗯,就跟我想的一樣,有點發燒。不高,但我覺得夠燒的了。」

"Is it flu?"

 

「是流感嗎?」

"Could be. You'll have to stay in bed today."

 

「有可能。你今天得躺在床上。」

"All day? Aw..."

 

「整天?噢…」

"Be sure and drink your broth. It'll make you feel much better."

 

「你一定要喝完你的湯,它會讓你感覺舒服一點。」


 

"Hello, Hen."

 

「哈囉,母雞。」

"Hello, Little Bear. Why are you so cheerful today?"

 

「哈囉,小熊。你今天怎麼這麼高興啊?」

"Guess why."

 

「猜猜看。」

"Let me see. You cut your toenails?"

 

「我想想。你剪腳指甲了?」

"No, that's not it."

 

「不,不是那個。」

"You just ate lunch?"

 

「你剛吃完午餐?」

"No, it's much better than that."

 

「不,比那個好多了。」

"You... hmmm..."

 

「你… 呃…」

"Father Bear is coming home today!"

 

「熊爸爸今天要回家了!」


 

"Our show was a disaster!"

 

「我們的表演真是一場災難!(糟透了)」

"Yeah, but… it was an AMAZING disaster!"

 

「是沒錯,但… 它是一場令人驚豔的災難!」

"Sorry about the show, dear. I'm sure you'll do much better next time."

 

「親愛的,關於表演的事我感到很遺憾。我肯定你下次一定會做得更好。」

"There won't be a next time. I'm no good at being a magician. I didn't get one single trick right."

 

「沒有下次了。我不適合當一位魔術師,我連一個魔術都變不好。」


 


arrow
arrow
    創作者介紹
    創作者 Elsie 的頭像
    Elsie

    英語自習室

    Elsie 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()