blink → 眨眼

The idiom "in the blink of an eye" means very quickly, almost without noticing it.

形容事情發生之快,才一眨眼的功夫,事情就發生或轉變了。


Love can turn to hate in the blink of an eye.

愛可以轉瞬變成恨。


In the blink of an eye, Roger lost control of the car and crashed into a tree.

一轉眼,羅傑的車失去控制而撞上了樹。


情境影片:

"I can't eat 76 flies in the blink of an eye."

 

「我無法瞬間吃掉七十六隻蒼蠅。」

"Well, neither can we."

 

「我們也沒辦法。」

"But you don't have to."

 

「但你們不需要。」

"Does this have anything to do with Beaver's visit?"

 

「這是不是和海狸的來訪有關呢?」

"I told everyone I could eat 76 flies in the blink of an eye."

 

「我告訴大家我可以在一瞬間吃掉七十六隻蒼蠅。」

"I see."

 

「原來如此。」


 

"I was hanging up my laundry, and turned around for some clothespins. And when I turned back, my laundry was gone! Gone! How could all my clean clothes just disappear in the blink of an eye?"

 

「我當時在晾衣服,然後轉身拿一些曬衣夾,當我再轉回來後,我的衣服就不見了!不見了!我所有乾淨的衣服怎麼會在轉眼之間就消失不見了呢?」


 

"I don't think anyone took them, because no one could take all of Esther's clothes off a clothesline and run away with them, all in the blink of an eye. It's just not possible!"

 

「我不認為有人拿走了衣服,因為沒有人可以在短短一眨眼的功夫就從曬衣繩上拿走Esther所有的衣服,還帶著它們跑掉。這根本就是不可能的事!


 

"Ms. Honey, are you all right?"

 

「Honey小姐,妳沒事吧?」

"Yes, but I was sitting on my deck chair, and stood up to adjust the cushion. And when I sat back down, my chair was gone!"

 

「沒事,但我剛坐在我的躺椅上,然後站起來調整坐墊,再當我坐回去的時候,我的椅子就不見了!」

"In the blink of an eye?"

 

一轉眼的時間嗎?

"Why? Yes, in the blink of an eye."

 

「為什麼(這麼問)?沒錯,一轉眼。」


 

"I was cooking my lunch and turned around for my barbecue flipper, and when I turned back, it was gone!"

 

「我當時在料理我的午餐,然後我轉身拿烤肉鏟,再轉回來的時候,它就不見了!」

"Your lunch was gone?"

 

「你的午餐不見了?」

"My whole barbecue was gone in the blink of an eye."

 

「我的整個烤肉架都不見了!就在一轉眼的時間。

"That's not possible!"

 

「那是不可能的呀!」


 


arrow
arrow
    創作者介紹
    創作者 Elsie 的頭像
    Elsie

    英語自習室

    Elsie 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()