tell 在此是「知道、辨別」的意思。

"How can you tell?" 意思等同於 "How do you know?",只是多了「透過分辨、判斷而得知」的含義。。


A: He's gay.

  他是同性戀。

B: How can you tell?

  你怎麼看得出來?


How can you tell the difference between a cold and the flu?

你怎麼辨別是一般感冒還是流行性感冒?


How can you tell when it's time to quit a job?

你怎麼判斷該是時候辭職了?


情境影片:

"That seemed really close."

 

「好像很近耶。」

"Nothing to worry about. It was more than a mile away."

 

「沒什麼好害怕的,那在一英里以外之遠。」

"How can you tell?"

 

你怎麼知道?


 

"Oh, no! Joey's turned invisible, too."

 

「噢不!喬伊也變透明了。」

"How can you tell?"

 

你怎麼知道?

"Look."

 

「你看。」


 

"Candace, you know what? Ferb and I will meet you back here later. See ya!"

 

「凱蒂絲,跟妳說一下,小佛和我待會回來和妳在這裡會合,再見!」

"Bye, guys! --Hey, let's go shopping!"

 

「掰啦!--嘿,我們去逛街吧!」

"Did you hear that? Even in England, my brothers have some scheme planned."

 

「妳聽到了嗎?即到到了英國,我的弟弟們還是有陰謀詭計在身。」

"How can you tell?"

 

妳怎麼知道?


 

"Do you think there are a lot of fish down there?"

 

「你覺得下面會有很多魚嗎?」

"Mm, we have to choose just the right spot."

 

「嗯,我們得選一個合適的定點。」

"How can you tell where just the right spot is?"

 

你怎麼知道哪裡是合適的定點呢?」

"Ah, fisherman's instinct. It's just a feeling."

 

「痾,憑漁夫的直覺,就只是一種感覺。」


 


arrow
arrow
    創作者介紹
    創作者 Elsie 的頭像
    Elsie

    英語自習室

    Elsie 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()