I see. 表示「我懂了、我明白了」,傳達出一種「原來如此啊,我現在了解了」的感覺。

I see what you mean. 則是當對方說完自己的想法或見解,而你完全了解他在說什麼,就可以這麼回應他,表示「我明白你的意思」。

相關表達:See what I mean?


情境影片:

"I see what you mean."


 

"I see what you mean, Candace."


 

"I see what you mean. But it can't last forever."

我懂你的意思,但不會永遠持續下去的。」


 

"See you there."

 

「在那裡見嘍。」

"We have a soccer game today, Franklin."

 

「我們今天有足球比賽,富蘭克林。」

"I know, Bear."

 

「我知道,大熊。」

"Hurry, you'd better tell him."

 

「快,你最好告訴他。」

"I can't. He's my dad. I don't want to tell him I'd rather play soccer than go golfing with him."

 

「不行,他是我爸,我不想告訴他比起陪他打高爾夫球我更想踢足球。」

"Mmm, I see what you mean."

 

「嗯,我懂你的意思。


 

"Hi, Mama."

 

「嗨,媽媽。」

"Sister, you'd better stop that nail-biting before it becomes a bad habit."

 

「熊妹妹,妳咬指甲的毛病最好在變成壞習慣之前改掉。」

"Oops, I keep forgetting. Why is it so hard for me to stop doing it?"

 

「喔噢,我一直忘記。停止咬指甲對我而言怎麼會這麼難呢?」

"If you do a certain thing often enough, you don't even think about it. It's sort of like this path-- the wheelbarrow has gone over it so many times that it's worn a deep rut right down the middle. And it keeps getting deeper every time I use it. It's the same way with a bad habit. The more you do something, the harder it is to get out of it."

 

「如果妳經常做某件事做得夠久,妳就連想都不用想了。這就有點像這條小路-- 手推車來來回回這麼多次,在中間就碾壓出深陷的凹痕,我每使用一回,它就凹陷得愈深。這和壞習慣的養成是一樣的道理,越常做的事情,就越難摒棄。」

"I see what you mean. I want to get out of my nail-biting rut before it gets any harder."

 

我明白您的意思,我想在根深蒂固之前改掉咬指甲的壞毛病。」


 


arrow
arrow
    創作者介紹
    創作者 Elsie 的頭像
    Elsie

    英語自習室

    Elsie 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()