通常講這句話的時候,是嚴肅的,有時候甚至帶點脾氣,告訴對方 "I mean it." 表示「我是說真的,沒在跟你開玩笑,請你也認真看待」。

相關表達:I didn't mean it.


情境影片:

"Now Caillou, you really must go to sleep. I mean it."

 

「卡由,你現在真的必須睡覺了,我是說真的。」

"Okay, Mommy."

 

「好,媽咪。」


 

"Now this time I want you to go to sleep. --I mean it, Little Bear."

 

「這次你真的該睡覺了。--我是認真的,小熊。」


 

"Okay, I like her! But if you say a word about this to anyone, you're a dead man!"

 

「好啦,我喜歡她!但你要是敢跟任何人說出這件事,你就死定了!」

"Chill, dude. Your secret is safe with me."

 

「冷靜,老兄,我不會把你的秘密說出去的。」

"I mean it!"

 

我是說真的!


 

"I mean it, Candace! You're acting really strange! If I'm gonna go outside, I'm going to go outside! --Ugh, there's the phone! Hold that thought! --Hello?"

 

我是說真的,凱蒂絲!妳的行為真的很奇怪!我要是想出去,我就是要出去! --呃,有電話!給我等著! --喂?」


 

"Okay, that's it. --No more TV for a week."

 

「好了,真是夠了。--一個星期不准看電視。」

"What?" "But, Mama!"

 

「什麼?」「但,媽媽!」

"No, sir, I mean it."

 

「不行就是不行,我是認真的。」

"Papa, Mama told us we can't watch TV for a whole week."

 

「爸爸,媽媽說我們整整一星期都不能看電視。」

"Your mama's got a point. You two cubs have been watching far too much television lately."

 

「你們媽媽說得有道理,你們兩個最近實在看太多電視了。」


 


arrow
arrow
    創作者介紹
    創作者 Elsie 的頭像
    Elsie

    英語自習室

    Elsie 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()