直譯是「保持一隻眼睛在某人或某物上」,也就是「仔細看著」的意思。

依情境,可以指「照顧、看管」(take care of; look after) 或是「留心、注意」(pay attention to),也可指「監視」(spy on)。


Would you keep an eye on the children while I do the shopping?

我去採買的時候你可以顧一下小孩嗎?


Could you keep an eye on my laptop while I go to the restroom?

我去洗手間的時候可以請你幫我顧一下筆電嗎?


情境影片:

"Mr. Wilson will be over soon to keep an eye on you."

「威爾森先生很快就會過來照顧你的。」


 

"Well, we're going now."

 

「我們要走了。」

"Uncle Rusty will keep an eye on you."

 

「Rusty叔叔會照顧你的。」

"Don't you worry, Little Bear and I will be just fine."

 

「你們不用擔心,小熊和我會安然無恙的。 」

"Goodbye, Mother Bear. Bye, Father Bear."

 

「再見,熊媽媽。再見,熊爸爸。」

"Goodbye, Little Bear. "

 

「再見,小熊。 」


 

"Are you sure you don't wanna play, Duck?"

 

「你確定你不想玩嗎,鴨子?」

"No, I'd better keep an eye on the ducklings. You can't trust them around food."

 

「不,我最好看著這些小鴨仔,在有食物的地方你無法信任他們。」


 

"Just keep an eye on me. I'll show you what to do."

 

「只要仔細我就行了,我教你怎麼玩。」

"Okay!"

 

「好的!」

"You grab the bar, and then pull, are you watching, Squirrel?"

 

「你抓住杆子,然後往上拉,你在看嗎,小松鼠?」

"Yep , I'm watching!"

 

「嗯,我看著呢!」


 

"If you must meet Miss Celeste, we'll have to go with you."

 

「如果你一定得見Celeste小姐,我們就必須跟你一起去。」

"This is just an excuse to keep an eye on me. And I think it's childish."

 

「這只是你們監視我的藉口,而我認為這很幼稚。」


 

"Keep an eye on the Moon Walker for me."

 

「幫我看顧一下月球漫步車。」

"Don't worry, Dad. I won't let it out of my sight."

 

「別擔心,老爸,我不會讓它離開我的視線的。」


 

"Well, Dennis, did you keep an eye on the Moon Walker the way I asked?"

 

「阿丹,你有照我說的看顧好月球漫步車嗎?」

"It never left my sight."

 

「它從未離開過我的視線。」


 

"Candace, we're leaving now!"

 

「凱蒂絲,我們要走嘍!」

"Mom, I'm having a teenage crisis!"

 

「媽,我正面臨青少年危機!」

"Don't forget we're going bowling. We need you to keep an eye on the boys."

 

「別忘了我們要去打保齡球,我們需要妳看好弟弟們。」


 


arrow
arrow
    創作者介紹
    創作者 Elsie 的頭像
    Elsie

    英語自習室

    Elsie 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()