beside (prep.) 在…的旁邊 (= next to)

The cat is beside the armchair.

(這隻貓在單人沙發的旁邊。)

She sits beside him.

(她坐在他的旁邊。)


besides (prep.) 除了… 還… (= in addition to; aside from)

Besides reading, I enjoy writing, swimming and hiking.

(除了閱讀,我還喜歡寫作、游泳和健行。)

Besides English, what other languages do you speak?

= What other languages do you speak besides English?

(除了英文,你還說哪些其他的語言呢?)


besides (adv.) 此外/而且 (= in addition; also)

It's cold outside. Besides, the wind is very strong.

(外面很冷。而且,風非常的大。)

I don't need the latest smartphone. Besides, I don't have the money.

(我不需要最新的智慧型手機。此外,我也沒那個錢。)


情境影片:

"Hmm, where should I sit?"

 

「嗯…我該坐哪好呢?」

"Oh! Sit here, Timothy."

 

「哦!坐這裡,Timothy。」

"Yeah, sit with us."

 

「對啊,和我們一起坐。」

"Sit here, Timothy, beside me."

 

「坐這裡,Timothy,我旁邊。」

"Or here!"

 

「或是這裡!」

"You could sit here if you want, Timothy."

 

「你想要的話可以坐這裡喔,Timothy。」


 

"I love you even more than Tommy does. Whenever you play in the sandbox, I take all the sand you touch and keep it in a little jar beside my bed."

 

「我甚至比Tommy更愛妳。每當妳在沙箱玩的時候,我把所有妳碰過的沙都收集在一個小瓶子裡,放在我的床旁邊。」


 

"Hah? Where'd he go? He was standing right there!"

 

「蛤?他去哪兒了?他剛剛就站在那裡的呀!」

"And I suppose he left this here beside your glove."

 

「我想他把這個遺留在這裡,你的手套旁邊。」


 

"So Ferb, what should we do today? I mean, besides giving Perry a bath.

 

「所以小佛,我們今天要做什麼好?我是說,除了幫Perry洗澡。」


 

"So, what are you into besides making babysitters cry?"

 

「所以…你除了惹保姆哭之外,還對什麼事感興趣?」

"Hitting things."

 

「打東西。」

"I'm down with that."

 

「我也感興趣。」


 

"Well, it is so nice to have someone to talk to besides Dan, I mean. He's always complaining."

 

「有人可以跟我說說話真是太好了,我是指除了Dan以外的人。他總是在抱怨。」

"Tell me about it. Between him and Elise, it's like I can't do anything right."

 

「沒錯。在他和Elise中間,我好像做什麼事都不對勁。」


 

"Let's have some more popcorn."

 

「我們再吃點爆米花。」

"Yeah, I'm getting hungry. "

 

「好啊,我越來越餓了。」

"That should help keep us awake. ---It's all gone!"

 

「吃東西應該可以幫助我們保持清醒。---都沒了!」

"Don't look at me. Besides, there's still some left. ---Oops."

 

「別看我。況且,還有剩下一些。---糟糕。」


 

"There it is again."

 

「又有了。」

"I see it too."

 

「我也看見了。」

"It's coming from over in the woods."

 

「是從森林那裡來的。」

"Uh oh! It's the pie plates."

 

「喔哦!是餡餅盤。」

"Uh… maybe it's lightning."

 

「呃… 也許是閃電。」

"There aren't any clouds in the sky."

 

「天空中一朵雲也沒有。」

"Besides, lightning doesn't look like that."

 

而且,閃電不是那個樣子的。」


 

 


arrow
arrow
    創作者介紹
    創作者 Elsie 的頭像
    Elsie

    英語自習室

    Elsie 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()